Have you thought about what your career will look like in ten years? Will you want to be doing what you’re doing right now? In this episode, learn how to build a long and sustainable career for yourself. My guest (with over 30 years of experience in the industry!) reveals some incredible tips to make this process unfold naturally if you just put in the right work right now. Get started today building your ideal future by implementing the tips in this episode!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
• The number one way growth naturally unfolds
• How to ensure a sustainable career in fitness.
• Determining your strengths and weaknesses to hone in on your calling
Here’s the Complete List of Tips:
1. Value people and their time. Be sensitive to the people you work with.
2. “Bank goodwill” with people. Let them know you have their back.
3. Find a group or create a group on Facebook. Surround yourself with people that can help you with your career.
4. Apply for jobs above your head.
5. Have a heart of service
6. Don’t stop learning, don’t stop growing, and keep applying what you’ve learned in your past.
7. Establish yourself as an expert in your niche.
8. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Play to your strengths, hire to your weaknesses. Love 80% of what you do.
9. Find a mentor who has a job that you wish you could have.
10. The fitness industry is SMALL! Don’t burn bridges.
11. Be nice to everyone, and meet as many people as you can.
12. Your family comes first.
13. Learn to make small talk- you never know where that connection might lead to. Start the magic!
14. You never know what you’re capable of until you try.
15. Train yourself to be resilient. Keep going.
16. Open yourself to learning lessons from mistakes.
17. Apply the 10-10-10 rule. Where do I want to be in 10 years? How about 10 months? How do I start towards that in the next ten days? Map it out backwards, and plan things to get you closer to that goal.
18. Don’t be afraid to Google stupid things. It might inspire something you already know!
19. Respect the season you’re in in life. Respect the phase of life that you’re in. It’s ok to be down, but don’t stay down. Life is about peaks and valleys.
Other References in This Episode:
FCM Episode 6: How to Become An Overnight Success