n this episode we discuss some important things that you’re going to want to consider before opening your doors again coming out of Quarantine due to COVID 19. We’ve been watching closely, doing research, listening to your thoughts, answering your questions and concerns, and as a result, we’ve come up with a list of tips, suggestions, and ideas that you may want to implement as you prepare to get back to business.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Things you may not have thought of when it comes to re-opening your studio
- Creative ways to take care of your clients’ physical and mental health
- What a post-COVID studio experience could look like
Here’s the Complete List of Tips
1. Survey your members and clients. What are their needs and fears?
2. Remember the Power of Ritual (removing shoes, temperature taking, hand sanitizer)
3. Consider taking everyone’s temperature upon entering
4. Automatic door/door attendant
5. Self check in
6. Wipe down iPads, card swipers, don’t share pens
7. Limit amenities – shoe/mat rentals? BYO towel, water
8. Partner with Drip Accessories, TIEM /Shimano, Yoga Mat Companies
9. Bathroom attendant?
10. No physical contact!
11. Adjust your programming & coaching
13. Do not wear masks while working out
14. Maintain your digital platform
⁃ you may have an online team and a digital team
⁃ You’ll have to work it into your schedule and daily operations
⁃ Do you need more hands on deck? New hires/new roles to fill
⁃ Livestream your classes
⁃ Clients have to sign photo/video waiver of release
⁃ Running two businesses. It’s NOT going to be the same as before or during COVID
References in the Episode & Additional Resources:
The Art of Coaching and Cueing Online Course
Learn to Livestream Online Course